The Pitfalls of Sales and Marketing Alignment
Two Real-World Case Studies Exposing the Costly Downsides of Sales and Marketing Alignment
Sales and marketing alignment is not all it's cracked-up to be. And those who pursue alignment as an objective unto itself are missing an opportunity at best, and at worst, doing harm to their businesses. In this dual case study, you will learn:
- How conflicting objectives, divergent strategies, and different tactical approaches can actually be healthy.
- Why having sales and marketing on the same page can be very damaging if the page is from the wrong book.
- How curtailing renegades in the interest of harmony could actually hurt your company's revenues and profits.
- Why sales and marketing alignment should be seen as a bi-product of something else, rather than the objective.
This case study is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Sales Process Improvement
In this session, we share how to identify bottlenecks, develop procedures, and prioritize improvements. And, we discuss how to leverage technology to streamline and scale your sales processes.View This Webinar
Anatomy of a Competition-Crushing Sales Strategy
The better your sales strategy, the easier it is for your sales team to achieve their objectives. But sales strategy is often misunderstood. In this on-demand training session, learn how leading sales operations are improving their sales strategies to win more business, while actually competing less.View This Webinar
The Reality of an "Intelligent" Sales Technology
Every once in a while, a sales technology comes along that purports to do things that just seem to good to be true. But does the reality actually line-up to the claims? We wanted to know. So we did our homework and talked to actual users. And what we discovered may surprise you.View This Research
The One-Two Punch for Stickier Accounts
In this Expert Interview, Rick Reynolds, the CEO of AskForensics, discusses a straightforward, research-based program for improving customer retention and account health.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber, you get immediate access to this case study as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial sales ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in sales who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific sales ops challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Developing Sales Ops Leaders
Proven Approaches for Effective Leadership Development and Succession Planning