The Pitfalls of Sales and Marketing Alignment
Two Real-World Case Studies Exposing the Costly Downsides of Sales and Marketing Alignment
Sales and marketing alignment is not all it's cracked-up to be. And those who pursue alignment as an objective unto itself are missing an opportunity at best, and at worst, doing harm to their businesses. In this dual case study, you will learn:
- How conflicting objectives, divergent strategies, and different tactical approaches can actually be healthy.
- Why having sales and marketing on the same page can be very damaging if the page is from the wrong book.
- How curtailing renegades in the interest of harmony could actually hurt your company's revenues and profits.
- Why sales and marketing alignment should be seen as a bi-product of something else, rather than the objective.
This case study is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Exposing Your Differential Value Step-by-Step
From our best practice research, we’ve cut through the complexity of value-based selling to provide a simplified, step-by-step tutorial for understanding and exposing the differential value of your offerings.View This Tutorial
How to Optimize Your Sales Funnel in Five Steps
When you’re trying to optimize your sales funnel, it can be a bit difficult to know where to focus and how to get started. In this step-by-step tutorial, you'll learn a straightforward process for improving sales results with relatively simple and easy-to-execute "tweaks".View This Tutorial
Fooling Yourself About Customer Retention
In this Expert Interview, Rick Reynolds, the CEO of AskForensics, discusses their latest research and reveals a number of effective strategies for maintaining strong customer relationships and retaining your most valuable accounts.View This Interview
Isolating the Impacts of Price, Volume, Cost and Mix
Using this straightforward tool, you can finally put an end to the second guessing and skepticism by isolating and quantifying the contributions of price, volume, cost and mix to period-over-period revenue and margin differences.View This Tool
When you join your peers and become a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber, you get immediate access to this case study as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial sales ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in sales who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific sales ops challenges