Targeting Your Most Profitable Prospects
A Strategic Process for Increasing Your Odds of Success by Understanding Who to Target...and Who to Avoid
Prospect targeting is about embracing the fact that you can’t be all things to all people. If you are going to succeed in a big way, you have to focus your energies and resources. But which prospects do you target? And which prospects do you avoid? In this tutorial, you will learn about:
- The three-part formula for establishing realistic boundaries around what you consider to really be “your market.”
- 15 questions about the prospects in your market that can help you identify the various segments that actually exist.
- 26 quantitative and qualitative criteria for evaluating and scoring all of the different segments you've identified.
- The two-part process for identifying the best (and worst) targets for your company's unique set of competencies.
This tutorial is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Inside a Sales Operations Group On a Mission
Scott Kolar, the VP of Sales Operations at LexisNexis Risk Solutions, gives us an inside look into how his team is structured, their priorities and responsibilities, and the significant contributions they've made to the company's performance.View This Interview
Are They a Price Buyer or a Poker Player?
In this expert interview with Nelson Hyde of Holden Advisors, you will learn how to tell the difference between true price buyers and buyers who are bluffing.View This Interview
Exploring the Principles of Sales Process Excellence
There's a big difference between just "trying to improve" in a general sense and using a fact-based method for driving systemic improvement. In this expert interview, Michael Webb discusses applying the time-tested principles of process improvement to B2B sales.View This Interview
Trade Secrets of Effective Lead Generation
There are common pitfalls many companies run into with their lead generation programs. This interview with Dan McDade, the author of The Truth About Leads, exposes why B2B lead generation is broken and what you can do to fix it.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber, you get immediate access to this tutorial as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial sales ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in sales who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific sales ops challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Enabling Remote Sales At Scale
Strategies, Tactics, and Tips for Improving Your Remote Selling Capabilities
Sales Services or Technology?
Check out the SellingBrew directory and learn more about providers like these:
And more! Visit the directory and get the help and solutions you need.