Targeting Your Most Profitable Prospects
A Strategic Process for Increasing Your Odds of Success by Understanding Who to Target...and Who to Avoid
Prospect targeting is about embracing the fact that you can’t be all things to all people. If you are going to succeed in a big way, you have to focus your energies and resources. But which prospects do you target? And which prospects do you avoid? In this tutorial, you will learn about:
- The three-part formula for establishing realistic boundaries around what you consider to really be “your market.”
- 15 questions about the prospects in your market that can help you identify the various segments that actually exist.
- 26 quantitative and qualitative criteria for evaluating and scoring all of the different segments you've identified.
- The two-part process for identifying the best (and worst) targets for your company's unique set of competencies.
This tutorial is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
The Right Way to Manage and Enable Change
How do you encourage, enable, and manage organizational change when the deck is stacked against you? In this in-depth interview, Scott McAllister and Suraj Mohandas share the quantifiable benefits of effective change management and expose the essential steps that are required to get it right.View This Interview
Step-by-Step Competitive Analysis for Strategic Selling
How to use competitive analysis to identify actionable opportunities to gain strategic advantage, expose competitive gaps, provide differentiation beyond price, and reduce competitive pressures.View This Tutorial
Why Strategic Accounts Defect to Competitors
Learn what research conducted by AskForensics reveals about the real reasons companies fail to retain strategic accounts and what they can do about it.View This Research
Five Signs You're Missing Sales Opportunities
Many B2B companies are leaving a full two-thirds of their prospective sales opportunities on the table. Use this self-assessment by Dan McDade to figure-out if you're really getting everything you should.View This Diagnostic
When you join your peers and become a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber, you get immediate access to this tutorial as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial sales ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in sales who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific sales ops challenges