Targeting Your Most Profitable Prospects
A Strategic Process for Increasing Your Odds of Success by Understanding Who to Target...and Who to Avoid
Prospect targeting is about embracing the fact that you can’t be all things to all people. If you are going to succeed in a big way, you have to focus your energies and resources. But which prospects do you target? And which prospects do you avoid? In this tutorial, you will learn about:
- The three-part formula for establishing realistic boundaries around what you consider to really be “your market.”
- 15 questions about the prospects in your market that can help you identify the various segments that actually exist.
- 26 quantitative and qualitative criteria for evaluating and scoring all of the different segments you've identified.
- The two-part process for identifying the best (and worst) targets for your company's unique set of competencies.
This tutorial is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
A Modern Approach for Fixing a Costly Revenue Leak
We recently went through a virtual negotiation training program that can help close the massive skills gap between buyers and sellers. In this research brief, we share our impressions and recommendations.View This Research
Moving the "Meaty Middle"
The primary focus for Sales Ops should be on improving the performance of the middle-of-the-road salespeople who comprise the majority of the team. In this on-demand webinar, learn why it's so important and how to make it happen.View This Webinar
Exploring the Sales Ops Center of Excellence
This recorded training seminar discusses the two types of Sales Ops Center of Excellence we found in our research. Highlighting the critical differences between each type, we explore the decisions and steps that matter most in developing an effective Sales Ops Center of Excellence.View This Webinar
Fixing the Causes of Rogue Salespeople
It's all too easy to observe rampant discounting in the field and conclude that "rogue" salespeople are the source of the problem. In this interview with Paul Hunt, he exposes the real problems behind rampant discounting in the field.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber, you get immediate access to this tutorial as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial sales ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in sales who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific sales ops challenges