Fixing the Root Causes Behind Rogue Salespeople
Paul Hunt, the President of Pricing Solutions, Exposes the Real Problems Behind Rampant Discounting in the Field
It's all too easy to observe rampant discounting in the field and conclude that "rogue" salespeople are the source of the problem. But out-of-control discounting and high numbers of exception requests are often just symptoms of other issues. In this expert interview with Paul Hunt of Pricing Solutions, you will learn:
- Why so many companies believe they have a problem with their sales force...and why they are so often wrong.
- The two big problems that are often at the heart of rampant discounting and high numbers of exception requests.
- How to position changes to the underlying pricing architecture so that salespeople can recognize personal benefits.
- How to diagnose the real problems and get management support and buy-in for the necessary corrective actions.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Moving the "Meaty Middle"
The primary focus for Sales Ops should be on improving the performance of the middle-of-the-road salespeople who comprise the majority of the team. In this on-demand webinar, learn why it's so important and how to make it happen.View This Webinar
Five Signs You're Missing Sales Opportunities
Many B2B companies are leaving a full two-thirds of their prospective sales opportunities on the table. Use this self-assessment by Dan McDade to figure-out if you're really getting everything you should.View This Diagnostic
The Ugly Truth About Lead Generation ROI
Very often in business, the truth behind problems runs counter to what the people in charge actually believe. This entertaining case study reveals the true root-causes behind one company's "failing" lead generation programs.View This Case Study
Using a Cost-Plus Mindset to Your Advantage
In this case study, learn how one consultant got (very) creative in order to solve a pricing problem in an highly dysfunctional organization.View This Case Study
When you join your peers and become a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial sales ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in sales who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific sales ops challenges