How to Crater a Market with Cost-Plus Pricing
Learn How One Company's Lack of Strategic Pricing Capability Reduced the Value of an Entire Market by Over $1 Billion
Is cost-plus really just a weak approach where stronger approaches are available? Or can it be much more insidious and destructive than that? For one large manufacturer, cost-plus pricing was tantamount to malpractice. In this case study, you will learn:
- Why product and manufacturing innovations so often fail to improve financial performance and competitive position.
- How simplistic cost-based pricing approaches can spark pricing wars, destroy market value, and incite competitors.
- How absurd pricing decisions can be rationalized as "sound pricing strategy" in the interest of gaining market share.
- How one company reduced the value of an entire market by over $1 billion...and gained nothing for their efforts.
This case study is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
How Many B2B Sales Teams Lack Negotiation Skills?
Recently, we conducted a PulsePoll to better understand the extent to which B2B sales teams were taking steps to develop and maintain skills in negotiation. Explore what we learned in this Research Brief, complete with helpful charts and analysis.View This Research
Moving the "Meaty Middle"
The primary focus for Sales Ops should be on improving the performance of the middle-of-the-road salespeople who comprise the majority of the team. In this on-demand webinar, learn why it's so important and how to make it happen.View This Webinar
Anatomy of a Competition-Crushing Sales Strategy
The better your sales strategy, the easier it is for your sales team to achieve their objectives. But sales strategy is often misunderstood. In this on-demand training session, learn how leading sales operations are improving their sales strategies to win more business, while actually competing less.View This Webinar
Avoiding Mistakes in Customer Profitability
For most B2B companies, it's important to maximize the value of every customer you get. But customer profitability management is full of land mines that need to be avoided.View This Guide
When you join your peers and become a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber, you get immediate access to this case study as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial sales ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in sales who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific sales ops challenges