Assessing Core Sales Skills in the Hiring Process
Exploring New Options for Infusing More Objectivity and Science Into the Hiring of B2B Salespeople
As important as salespeople are to a company's financial performance, they are often hired somewhat "blindly" based on first impressions, intuition, and gut-feel. But this a massive risk that just isn’t necessary in today’s internet-enabled world. In this guide, you will learn about:
- Four ways that incompetent salespeople can damage your company, beyond just missing the numbers.
- Two business dynamics that can make it easy for incompetent salespeople to "hide" for a very long time.
- The results of a benchmarking study that exposes just how many salespeople are lacking core selling skills.
- How online sales skills assessments now make it possible for anyone to use objective criteria when hiring salespeople.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
How to Develop Real Competitive "Kill Sheets"
Competitive kill sheets are a great tool to help salespeople in the field. But most so-called kill sheets are nothing more than glorified competitive profiles. In this concise tutorial, learn how to develop real, strategic competitive kill sheets that highlight and reinforce the competitive differences that actually matter to prospects.View This Tutorial
Retaining & Growing Key Accounts
Taking a more systemic and programmatic approach to key account retention and growth by developing a real Key Account Program.View This Webinar
The Fundamentals of Effective Pricing for Sales Operations
Most Sales Ops teams are unable to contribute to pricing and discounting in a meaningful way because they lack pricing knowledge. In this on-demand webinar, we cover the fundamental pricing concepts that Sales Ops teams need to understand.View This Webinar
Step-by-Step Marketing Research for Strategic Selling
In this step-by-step tutorial, learn how to conduct marketing research---the only reliable way to gain the meaningful and actionable insights you need for effective strategic selling.View This Tutorial
When you join your peers and become a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial sales ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in sales who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific sales ops challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Building Sales Ops' Credibility with Sales
Getting the Sales Team To Take Your Ideas and Suggestions More Seriously