Assessing Core Sales Skills in the Hiring Process
Exploring New Options for Infusing More Objectivity and Science Into the Hiring of B2B Salespeople
As important as salespeople are to a company's financial performance, they are often hired somewhat "blindly" based on first impressions, intuition, and gut-feel. But this a massive risk that just isn’t necessary in today’s internet-enabled world. In this guide, you will learn about:
- Four ways that incompetent salespeople can damage your company, beyond just missing the numbers.
- Two business dynamics that can make it easy for incompetent salespeople to "hide" for a very long time.
- The results of a benchmarking study that exposes just how many salespeople are lacking core selling skills.
- How online sales skills assessments now make it possible for anyone to use objective criteria when hiring salespeople.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Getting Serious About Sales Effectiveness
What does it take to make your sales operation more effective? This on-demand webinar provides insights into what other sales operations are doing and the areas to focus your energies if you're serious about sales effectiveness.View This Webinar
How to Retain Your Key Customers
When you lose business from existing accounts, the sales team must acquire even more new business to compensate. In this on-demand training session, learn about seven innovative strategies leading sales operations are using to minimize revenue attrition and customer defection.View This Webinar
Using Peer Pressure To Improve Your Margins
Fixing poor pricing and discounting practices can seem futile. And playing bad cop isn't much fun. This tutorial shows you how to build a "system of influence" that gets your salespeople to police their own pricing and discounting behaviors.View This Tutorial
Quick Wins in Sales Operations
It’s always good to have a few tricks up your sleeve for boosting results in short order, without investing a ton of effort and money. In this session, we discuss 15 "quick wins" that have proven effective for others.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial sales ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in sales who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific sales ops challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Top Lessons Learned by Sales Ops Leaders
Skip the Trial and Error by Learning from Those Who've Gone Before