Assessing Core Sales Skills in the Hiring Process
Exploring New Options for Infusing More Objectivity and Science Into the Hiring of B2B Salespeople
As important as salespeople are to a company's financial performance, they are often hired somewhat "blindly" based on first impressions, intuition, and gut-feel. But this a massive risk that just isn’t necessary in today’s internet-enabled world. In this guide, you will learn about:
- Four ways that incompetent salespeople can damage your company, beyond just missing the numbers.
- Two business dynamics that can make it easy for incompetent salespeople to "hide" for a very long time.
- The results of a benchmarking study that exposes just how many salespeople are lacking core selling skills.
- How online sales skills assessments now make it possible for anyone to use objective criteria when hiring salespeople.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Maximizing the Effectiveness of Sales Training
Research shows that most sales training programs just don't "stick" over the long term. In this on-demand training session, we explore proven strategies and critical steps for developing effective sales training programs that have "stickiness" built-in from the very beginning.View This Webinar
How to Make Insight-Based Selling Actually Work
Leveraging customer and industry insights in the selling process is a hot topic these days. In this recorded and transcribed interview, John Thackston reveals what it really takes to turn insight-based selling into an operational capability.View This Interview
The Metrics Sales Leaders Should Be Managing
You need to track and manage sales metrics, but which metrics are the most important? In this guide based on research from Vantage Point Performance and the Sales Education Foundation, Jason Jordan reveals the ones that really matter.View This Guide
How to Prevent Customer Defection
In this SellingBrew research report, learn how leading B2B companies are protecting their future revenues and profits with innovations in customer retention and defection detection.View This Research
When you join your peers and become a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial sales ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in sales who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific sales ops challenges