Using a Cost-Plus Mindset to Your Advantage
How One Company Improved Profitability Without Changing Their Team's Cost-Plus Pricing Behaviors
In a B2B environment, an entrenched cost-plus mindset can be a huge obstacle when people get into the habit of using a flat percentage markup to set or quote prices, with no regard for the nature of the product, the needs and values of the customer, or the circumstances of the deal at-hand. In this case study, you will learn about:
- Devising a strategy when your back is against the wall and the "right way" just isn't an option
- How effective pricing can be a secret weapon when you need to increase revenue and margin
- An unusual way to "trick" a sales team into pricing better without the resistance and pushback
- The right and wrongs ways to deal with internal politics and weak senior management teams
This case study is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
How Marketing Automation Is Changing Sales
In this interview with Debbie Qaqish, we explore why marketing automation is becoming so popular and what the long-term implications are.View This Interview
How to Stop Losing Sales to "No Decision"
For many companies, the biggest competitor they have to contend with is "no decision." In this tutorial, learn strategies and tactics for addressing the real root-causes behind prospect inaction.View This Tutorial
Creating More Powerful Sales Proposals
Delivering a proposal is often the final "yes/no" step that every other sales and marketing activity is leading up to. We spoke with Reuben Swartz about how to create sales proposals that win more business at higher margins.View This Interview
Isolating the Impacts of Price, Volume, Cost and Mix
Using this straightforward tool, you can finally put an end to the second guessing and skepticism by isolating and quantifying the contributions of price, volume, cost and mix to period-over-period revenue and margin differences.View This Tool
When you join your peers and become a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber, you get immediate access to this case study as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial sales ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in sales who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific sales ops challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Inside the New Science of Sales
Demystifying How Leading Sales Operations Are Using Data Science to Boost Performance
Save Over 20% With Exclusive Discount
Sales Services or Technology?
Check out the SellingBrew directory and learn more about providers like these:
And more! Visit the directory and get the help and solutions you need.