How Many B2B Sales Teams Lack Negotiation Skills?
Exploring the Results of a MindBrew PulsePoll on Negotiation Training for Sales Teams
Recently, we conducted a PulsePoll on the topic of negotiation training. Through this research, we wanted to understand the extent to which B2B sales teams were taking steps to develop and maintain these critical skills. As you review the results and read our observations, please keep in mind that our audience is skewed toward the leading edge of the best-practices spectrum. (In other words, these findings may paint a more optimistic picture of what's happening, relative to the general B2B environment.) Here's what you'll learn in this Research Brief:
- What proportion of B2B sales teams are receiving formal training in negotiation?
- What are the reported differences in negotiation skills and levels of competency?
- Why might some companies be blind to deficiencies in the area of negotiation?
- Is there an opportunity for significant improvement lurking behind the findings?
This research is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Exploring the Principles of Sales Process Excellence
There's a big difference between just "trying to improve" in a general sense and using a fact-based method for driving systemic improvement. In this expert interview, Michael Webb discusses applying the time-tested principles of process improvement to B2B sales.View This Interview
Creating More Powerful Sales Proposals
Delivering a proposal is often the final "yes/no" step that every other sales and marketing activity is leading up to. We spoke with Reuben Swartz about how to create sales proposals that win more business at higher margins.View This Interview
Suffering from a Bad Case of Sticker Shock
In B2B environments where discounting is habitual, it's easy to think that your list prices don't really matter all that much. But before you conclude that list prices are inconsequential in your business, consider this case of a B2B reseller who just couldn't see what they were missing.View This Case Study
Closing the Skills Gap in Sales Negotiations
In this Expert Interview, Jason Levinson discusses the latest methods and innovations in negotiation training for salespeople. Closing the negotiation skills gap is not a hard as you might think!View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber, you get immediate access to this research as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial sales ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in sales who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific sales ops challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Delivering Data to Decision-Makers
How to Deliver the Right Decision-Making Data to Your Executives
Save Over 20% With Exclusive Discount
Sales Services or Technology?
Check out the SellingBrew directory and learn more about providers like these:
And more! Visit the directory and get the help and solutions you need.