How Many B2B Sales Teams Lack Negotiation Skills?
Exploring the Results of a MindBrew PulsePoll on Negotiation Training for Sales Teams
Recently, we conducted a PulsePoll on the topic of negotiation training. Through this research, we wanted to understand the extent to which B2B sales teams were taking steps to develop and maintain these critical skills. As you review the results and read our observations, please keep in mind that our audience is skewed toward the leading edge of the best-practices spectrum. (In other words, these findings may paint a more optimistic picture of what's happening, relative to the general B2B environment.) Here's what you'll learn in this Research Brief:
- What proportion of B2B sales teams are receiving formal training in negotiation?
- What are the reported differences in negotiation skills and levels of competency?
- Why might some companies be blind to deficiencies in the area of negotiation?
- Is there an opportunity for significant improvement lurking behind the findings?
This research is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Why Companies Lose or Win Strategic Sales
What can analysis of over $6 billion worth of deals teach you about why companies win and lose sales? And what does the research say about the actions that can help you win more and lose less?View This Research
Managing Mix to Boost Sales
Product and customer mix have an incredible amount of influence over every aspect of your sales performance. In this on-demand webinar, learn how to get proactive about "rigging" your mix to your advantage.View This Webinar
Successful Sales Ops Pilot Programs
How do you get your company to accept new sales tools and approaches, while maximizing your odd of success? In this session, learn how to leverage pilot programs and in-market trials to accelerate your progress.View This Webinar
Taking Your Sales Operation to the Next Level
It's common for sales operations to get mired in tactical sales support and administrative activities. This four-part recorded training session reveals the steps leading sales operations teams are taking to transform themselves into a much more proactive and strategic business function.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber, you get immediate access to this research as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial sales ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in sales who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific sales ops challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
The Pros & Cons of Top Sales Methods
Understand Which Sales Methodologies Can Boost Growth (or Hinder Progress)