Digging for Gold by Analyzing Wins and Losses
Rick Reynolds of AskForensics Discusses Lessons Learned from Win/Loss Analysis of Nearly $12 Billion Worth of Deals
How many companies really understand why they lose deals? And how many really know why they win? Of course, everyone will have an opinion—losses are chalked-up to price, and wins are attributed to stellar salesmanship. But are those opinions accurate? In this expert interview, you'll learn about:
- The massive strategic and tactical benefits that can result from conducting more rigorous win/loss analysis.
- How getting prospects and customers to talk about their buying decisions may not be as difficult as you think.
- Why the common assumption that deals are lost due to price is often a red-herring that can lead teams astray.
- The real root-causes behind lost sales and what your sales teams should be doing differently to avoid them.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
How to Avoid Guesswork in Value-Based Selling
Scratch the surface of many value-based initiatives today and you’ll find a whole lot of guesswork. In this tutorial, learn the two step process for making your value-based efforts more accurate and effective.View This Tutorial
Five Performance Boosters of Follow-On Sales
While customer acquisition is certainly important, it might not the best place to focus if you really want to see dramatic improvements in sales performance. Learn how a shift in focus can increase your close-rates, shorten sales-cycles, and improve your margins.View This Guide
How to Improve Your Close Rates
Trial and error with something as important as your close rates is risky. How do you know which strategies and tactics you should use to improve? In this on-demand training webinar, learn effective strategies and tactics for improving your sales team's ability to win---at scale and with less risk.View This Webinar
How to Avoid Sales Compensation Gotchas
No variable compensation approach is ever going to be perfect, but you stand a much better chance if you're aware of the potential hurdles. This guide exposes the problems with various compensation schemes and explores potential solutions.View This Guide
When you join your peers and become a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial sales ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in sales who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific sales ops challenges