Developing Prescriptive Account Plans
Seven Steps for Creating Account Development Plans Designed to Capture Specific Growth Opportunities
Developing effective, action-oriented account plans is not an easy thing to do. If it were easy, sales research studies wouldn't report that less than 30% of companies are actually doing it. In this tutorial, you will learn about:
- How to use your customers' historical purchasing patterns to gain an understanding of the elusive "overall wallet spend."
- How to identify and quantify the two different types of organic growth opportunities that exist across your entire customer base.
- How to prioritize the opportunities and develop prescriptive territory- and account-level plans focused on specific actions.
- How to close the loop on each element of the plan and gather intelligence that can be used to improve the process.
This tutorial is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
How to Deliver Sales Training That Sticks
With the right approach, a sales training program can deliver lasting, profitable results. This step-by-step process guides you through designing effectiveness and stickiness into your sales training program right from the start.View This Tutorial
The Competitor Assessment Scorecard
Use this scorecard to assess your competitors relative to each other and yourself on the various elements of the Triangulated Competitive Audit.View This Tool
Seven Signs Your Sales Team Needs Better Guidance
How do you know whether or not the data-driven guidance you're providing to your sales team is as good as it could be...and as good as it really needs to be? In this diagnostic, learn about seven tell-tale signs that your guidance may not be up to par.View This Diagnostic
Competitive Kill Sheet Development Workbook
To help you gather and distill the essential information to create effective competitive kill sheets, answer the questions in these worksheets with as much detail as possible. An example of a fictitious competitive kill sheet is provided at the end of the workbook.View This Tool
When you join your peers and become a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber, you get immediate access to this tutorial as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial sales ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in sales who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific sales ops challenges