Get the Answers You Need
Whether you have specific questions about building a more effective B2B sales operation—or just want to know which questions you should be asking—the library of questions in the SellingBrew Playbook makes it easy to find the answers and resources you need.
Here are just a few that subscribers get access to:
- Should Sales Ops and Marketing Ops be combined? Is this common?
- What's the problem with using BANT for prospect qualification?
- The prospect-targeting attributes we’ve identified are more like attitudes than attributes. Is that a problem?
- How do we identify all the elements that go into the cost of a fully loaded sales headcount and determine what their sales yield needs to be?
- Why would a B2B customer defect if they are saying they're satisfied?
- Who should be responsible for cultivating leads?
- Should I share the results of our marketing research with the sales team?
- What are some typical things that can hurt lead generation?
- Can modeling account potential help me with forecasting?
- Who cares "how" we hit the numbers, as long as we hit them?
This question is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Identifying Three Types of Customer Defection
In most B2B markets, your ability to stave-off defections and retain good customers is critical. This video guide explains how to identify the early signs of three costly types of customer defection and how to take action before it's too late.View This Guide
The Pitfalls of Sales and Marketing Alignment
Sales and marketing alignment can sometimes do more harm than good. These real-world case studies expose the costly downsides of alignment and reveal the mindset that's often more effective to adopt.View This Case Study
Identifying Your Value Along Five Dimensions
You can't just hope prospects will pick-up on the compelling reasons to buy from you. In this guide, you'll learn the five dimensions of value that matter and over 50 potential value-drivers that can influence buying decisions.View This Guide
Closing the Gap on Growing Existing Customers
Our research into leading sales operations shows that for most B2B companies, selling more to their current customers is a top priority. However, this research also exposes a mission-critical capability that most B2B sales operations are admittedly lacking.View This Research
When you join your peers and become a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber, you get immediate access to this question as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial sales ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in sales who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific sales ops challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Building Sales Ops' Credibility with Sales
Getting the Sales Team To Take Your Ideas and Suggestions More Seriously