Isolating the Impacts of Price, Volume, Cost and Mix
A Handy Tool for Understanding Where Changes in Revenues and Margins Are Really Coming From
As sales operations professionals, we're under constant pressure to explain differences in period-over-period revenues and margin-dollars. Are the revenue increases you're seeing the result of selling more volume, realizing higher prices, or both? What portion of the margin gain you're experiencing is really coming from better prices and how much is actually coming from better costs? And how much of all of it can just be attributed to selling a different mix of products period over period? Answer all of these questions and more with the Impact Isolation Estimator. Using this straightforward spreadsheet-based tool, you can:
- Isolate the impacts that volume, pricing, costs, and mix have had on period-over-period performance changes.
- Quantify how much volume, pricing, costs, and mix have contributed to differences in both revenues and margin dollars.
- Identify where changes in product costs have magnified...or mitigated...improvements in realized prices and volume.
- Put an end to the second guessing, skepticism, and in-fighting over who or what should be getting the credit (or blame).
This tool is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
The Rise of Revenue Operations
Three thought leaders from the Alexander Group join us for a discussion on the drivers and dynamics behind the growth of Revenue Operations functions.View This Interview
Retaining & Growing Key Accounts
Taking a more systemic and programmatic approach to key account retention and growth by developing a real Key Account Program.View This Webinar
Exposing the Secrets of Sales Negotiation
How do you protect yourself when your sellers are so outmatched in negotiations? How do you keep them from falling for every trick in the book? And what does your Sales Ops team need to know to provide another layer of protection?View This Webinar
Making Change Happen
How do you get an organization to move away from the status quo and actually embrace doing things differently? With the dynamics involved, effective change management requires a more strategic approach.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber, you get immediate access to this tool as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial sales ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in sales who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific sales ops challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Building Sales Ops' Credibility with Sales
Getting the Sales Team To Take Your Ideas and Suggestions More Seriously