How to Boost the Perceived Value of Sales Operations
9 Ways to Enhance the Internal Perceptions and Profile of Your Sales Ops Function
As sales ops practitioners, we need to recognize that not everyone understands what we do. We need to educate them proactively, making sure that they recognize the value that sales ops offers. By highlighting the return on investment (ROI) that the company gets from the function and by championing our discipline, you can help change the perception that other people in your company have of sales ops. And that in turn, can make it much easier to get budget requests improved and to expand the influence you have at your company. In this Express Guide, you will learn:
- Four strategies for selecting the right metrics and measures to clearly demonstrate your value.
- Three strategies to ensure that the qualitative aspects of your contributions are recognized.
- Two structural and organizational approaches for increasing your profile and strategic focus.
- Four all-too-common pitfalls and costly mistakes you should work to sidestep along the way.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Trade Secrets of Effective Lead Generation
There are common pitfalls many companies run into with their lead generation programs. This interview with Dan McDade, the author of The Truth About Leads, exposes why B2B lead generation is broken and what you can do to fix it.View This Interview
Lowering the Cost of Customer Churn in B2B
It's not uncommon for 30-50% of a company's customer base to be in some stage of defection. We spoke with Javier Aldrete and learned the new approaches companies are using to recover the revenue they're losing to customer defection and churn.View This Interview
Avoiding Mistakes in Customer Profitability
For most B2B companies, it's important to maximize the value of every customer you get. But customer profitability management is full of land mines that need to be avoided.View This Guide
Keeping Your Customers After You've Acquired Them
In this informative interview, Rick Reynolds of AskForensics discusses the primary reasons customers defect, how to identify vulnerable or damaged accounts, and the steps you can take to turn things around.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial sales ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in sales who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific sales ops challenges