How to Boost the Perceived Value of Sales Operations
9 Ways to Enhance the Internal Perceptions and Profile of Your Sales Ops Function
As sales ops practitioners, we need to recognize that not everyone understands what we do. We need to educate them proactively, making sure that they recognize the value that sales ops offers. By highlighting the return on investment (ROI) that the company gets from the function and by championing our discipline, you can help change the perception that other people in your company have of sales ops. And that in turn, can make it much easier to get budget requests improved and to expand the influence you have at your company. In this Express Guide, you will learn:
- Four strategies for selecting the right metrics and measures to clearly demonstrate your value.
- Three strategies to ensure that the qualitative aspects of your contributions are recognized.
- Two structural and organizational approaches for increasing your profile and strategic focus.
- Four all-too-common pitfalls and costly mistakes you should work to sidestep along the way.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Moving the "Meaty Middle"
The primary focus for Sales Ops should be on improving the performance of the middle-of-the-road salespeople who comprise the majority of the team. In this on-demand webinar, learn why it's so important and how to make it happen.View This Webinar
Seven Building Blocks of Sales Effectiveness
In sales, it can be challenging to know where to focus your attention and resources. This guide provides a framework of the seven areas where improvements have the most impact on close rates, cycle times, deal sizes, and margins.View This Guide
Finding Margin Leaks in Your Sales Processes
Of course, every sale is the result of a process. And with any process, the quality of the final product is influenced by the raw materials. This diagnostic helps improve revenues and margins by identifying the root-causes of erosion in your sales processes.View This Diagnostic
How Are Others Navigating Through This Crisis?
In this insightful and timely conversation, Matt Greenstein of Alexander Group helps us better understand what other sales operations are doing right now and how we can best prepare for the future.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial sales ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in sales who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific sales ops challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Sales Ops Productivity Boosters
Top Tactics for Making the Most of Your Limited Time and Resources
Sales Services or Technology?
Check out the SellingBrew directory and learn more about providers like these:
And more! Visit the directory and get the help and solutions you need.