How to Boost the Perceived Value of Sales Operations
9 Ways to Enhance the Internal Perceptions and Profile of Your Sales Ops Function
As sales ops practitioners, we need to recognize that not everyone understands what we do. We need to educate them proactively, making sure that they recognize the value that sales ops offers. By highlighting the return on investment (ROI) that the company gets from the function and by championing our discipline, you can help change the perception that other people in your company have of sales ops. And that in turn, can make it much easier to get budget requests improved and to expand the influence you have at your company. In this Express Guide, you will learn:
- Four strategies for selecting the right metrics and measures to clearly demonstrate your value.
- Three strategies to ensure that the qualitative aspects of your contributions are recognized.
- Two structural and organizational approaches for increasing your profile and strategic focus.
- Four all-too-common pitfalls and costly mistakes you should work to sidestep along the way.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Seven Signs Your Sales Strategy Stinks
How can you tell if your sales strategy is really going to be effective? This diagnostic provides a straightforward self-assessment to help you evaluate the quality of your sales strategy.View This Diagnostic
Preventing Bad Deals Before They Happen
After-the-fact corrective actions will do little to prevent the bad deals from happening again. Stop treating the symptoms. This diagnostic shows how to identify and correct the underlying root-causes of problems and issues.View This Diagnostic
How to Hire Great Sales Ops People
How do you identify Sales Ops candidates with the raw materials to be most successful? In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn the most important attributes you should look for when building your team.View This Webinar
The Pitfalls of Sales and Marketing Alignment
Sales and marketing alignment can sometimes do more harm than good. These real-world case studies expose the costly downsides of alignment and reveal the mindset that's often more effective to adopt.View This Case Study
When you join your peers and become a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial sales ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in sales who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific sales ops challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Managing Mix to Boost Sales
How to Boost Sales Performance by Getting Proactive About Your Customer and Product Mix
Save Over 20% With Exclusive Discount
Sales Services or Technology?
Check out the SellingBrew directory and learn more about providers like these:
And more! Visit the directory and get the help and solutions you need.