How to Boost the Perceived Value of Sales Operations
9 Ways to Enhance the Internal Perceptions and Profile of Your Sales Ops Function
As sales ops practitioners, we need to recognize that not everyone understands what we do. We need to educate them proactively, making sure that they recognize the value that sales ops offers. By highlighting the return on investment (ROI) that the company gets from the function and by championing our discipline, you can help change the perception that other people in your company have of sales ops. And that in turn, can make it much easier to get budget requests improved and to expand the influence you have at your company. In this Express Guide, you will learn:
- Four strategies for selecting the right metrics and measures to clearly demonstrate your value.
- Three strategies to ensure that the qualitative aspects of your contributions are recognized.
- Two structural and organizational approaches for increasing your profile and strategic focus.
- Four all-too-common pitfalls and costly mistakes you should work to sidestep along the way.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
The Fundamentals of Sales Intelligence
In Sales Ops, it's easy to feel like decisions are made in a vacuum. But the reality is that there are many sources of intelligence you can leverage to help the sales team sell more effectively, now and in the future.View This Webinar
Fixing the Causes of Rogue Salespeople
It's all too easy to observe rampant discounting in the field and conclude that "rogue" salespeople are the source of the problem. In this interview with Paul Hunt, he exposes the real problems behind rampant discounting in the field.View This Interview
Why Companies Lose or Win Strategic Sales
What can analysis of over $6 billion worth of deals teach you about why companies win and lose sales? And what does the research say about the actions that can help you win more and lose less?View This Research
Being Fearless When Selling to Procurement
Even the most seasoned sales professionals can be fearful of procurement. In this recorded and transcribed interview with author Chris Provines, we take an inside look at the goals and tactics of today's purchasing people.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial sales ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in sales who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific sales ops challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Improving Sales Compensation to Boost Results
Proven Strategies and Tactics for More Effective Sales Incentives and Compensation Plans
Save Over 20% With Exclusive Discount
Sales Services or Technology?
Check out the SellingBrew directory and learn more about providers like these:
And more! Visit the directory and get the help and solutions you need.