Are They a Price Buyer or a Poker Player?
Nelson Hyde of Holden Advisors on How to Tell When a Buyer Is Bluffing About Needing a Lower Price
It's easy to assume that when a buyer says they need a lower price, they really mean it. But while it may be easy, this assumption is also extremely costly --- because very often, the buyer is actually bluffing. In this expert interview with Nelson Hyde of Holden Advisors, you will learn:
- The tell-tale signs, characteristics, and behaviors that can help you identify Poker Players and true Price Buyers.
- Straightforward strategies and techniques for calling a Poker Player's bluff and getting them to show their hand.
- Three ways that misidentification of Poker Players and Price Buyers can hurt you---now and into the future.
- Proven methods for arming your salespeople with the knowledge they need to negotiate deals with confidence.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
How to Make Insight-Based Selling Actually Work
Leveraging customer and industry insights in the selling process is a hot topic these days. In this recorded and transcribed interview, John Thackston reveals what it really takes to turn insight-based selling into an operational capability.View This Interview
5 Ways Sales Can Stop Losing the Pricing Game
Discounts can seem like a small price to pay to capture revenue. But for many, giving in to pricing pressure is having disastrous impacts on profitability. In this on-demand webinar, learn five strategies leading teams are using to win more revenue...without crushing their margins.View This Webinar
Closing the Skills Gap in Sales Negotiations
In this Expert Interview, Jason Levinson discusses the latest methods and innovations in negotiation training for salespeople. Closing the negotiation skills gap is not a hard as you might think!View This Interview
Closing the Gap on Growing Existing Customers
Our research into leading sales operations shows that for most B2B companies, selling more to their current customers is a top priority. However, this research also exposes a mission-critical capability that most B2B sales operations are admittedly lacking.View This Research
When you join your peers and become a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial sales ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in sales who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific sales ops challenges