Are They a Price Buyer or a Poker Player?
Nelson Hyde of Holden Advisors on How to Tell When a Buyer Is Bluffing About Needing a Lower Price
It's easy to assume that when a buyer says they need a lower price, they really mean it. But while it may be easy, this assumption is also extremely costly --- because very often, the buyer is actually bluffing. In this expert interview with Nelson Hyde of Holden Advisors, you will learn:
- The tell-tale signs, characteristics, and behaviors that can help you identify Poker Players and true Price Buyers.
- Straightforward strategies and techniques for calling a Poker Player's bluff and getting them to show their hand.
- Three ways that misidentification of Poker Players and Price Buyers can hurt you---now and into the future.
- Proven methods for arming your salespeople with the knowledge they need to negotiate deals with confidence.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Exploring the Principles of Sales Process Excellence
There's a big difference between just "trying to improve" in a general sense and using a fact-based method for driving systemic improvement. In this expert interview, Michael Webb discusses applying the time-tested principles of process improvement to B2B sales.View This Interview
Advancing Your Career in Sales Operations
There's never been a better time to be working in Sales Operations. But you can’t just sit back and hope that good things will happen. In this on-demand webinar, learn strategies and tactics for Sales Ops career development.View This Webinar
How Strict Pricing Enforcement Killed a Product
Strict enforcement of pricing policies can seem like a great idea. But this comical case study sheds some light on the perils of enforcing policies that are lacking (and somewhat ridiculous).View This Case Study
Maximizing the Effectiveness of Inside Sales
In recent years, inside sales has been changing dramatically and leading teams are now playing a much more strategic role. In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn new strategies and tactics for boosting inside sales' performance and contribution.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial sales ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in sales who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific sales ops challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Selling Your Sales Ops Initiatives
How to Secure Internal Support for Investing More in Your Sales Operations
Save Over 20% With Exclusive Discount
Sales Services or Technology?
Check out the SellingBrew directory and learn more about providers like these:
And more! Visit the directory and get the help and solutions you need.