Are They a Price Buyer or a Poker Player?
Nelson Hyde of Holden Advisors on How to Tell When a Buyer Is Bluffing About Needing a Lower Price
It's easy to assume that when a buyer says they need a lower price, they really mean it. But while it may be easy, this assumption is also extremely costly --- because very often, the buyer is actually bluffing. In this expert interview with Nelson Hyde of Holden Advisors, you will learn:
- The tell-tale signs, characteristics, and behaviors that can help you identify Poker Players and true Price Buyers.
- Straightforward strategies and techniques for calling a Poker Player's bluff and getting them to show their hand.
- Three ways that misidentification of Poker Players and Price Buyers can hurt you---now and into the future.
- Proven methods for arming your salespeople with the knowledge they need to negotiate deals with confidence.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Tweaking Your Sales Strategy to Improve Margins
A well thought-out strategy can reduce pricing pressure and increase deal velocity. Learn how relatively small adjustments to your sales strategy in a few high-leverage areas can combine and compound to produce dramatic results.View This Guide
Fixing the Causes of Rogue Salespeople
It's all too easy to observe rampant discounting in the field and conclude that "rogue" salespeople are the source of the problem. In this interview with Paul Hunt, he exposes the real problems behind rampant discounting in the field.View This Interview
5 Ways Sales Can Stop Losing the Pricing Game
Discounts can seem like a small price to pay to capture revenue. But for many, giving in to pricing pressure is having disastrous impacts on profitability. In this on-demand webinar, learn five strategies leading teams are using to win more revenue...without crushing their margins.View This Webinar
The Triangulated Competitive Audit Guide
The Triangulated Competitive Audit Guide provides an expanded reference list of the various types of questions you'll want to ask about your competitors and why.View This Tool
When you join your peers and become a SellingBrew Playbook subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial sales ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in sales who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific sales ops challenges